Oct 26, 2018

ISO9001:2015 Preparation

2 comments

I'm driving the company's preparation to get ISO9001 certification.

Before we engage an external contractor to drive the formal certification we would like to get the fundamentals in place.

Does anyone have a site or can provide advice on the critical processes that we should have in place first?

The company specializes in fabless semiconductor production.

Oct 28, 2018Edited: Oct 28, 2018

The trick to preparing for ISO9001 is to understand the process architecture of your business. This yields the clarity required to direct the ISO9001 certification process. Learning to See and Seeing the Whole Value Stream by Lean Enterprise Institute are my all-time favourite workbooks on this subject. In a nutshell, you need to map your critical end-to-end processes and critical enabling processes. You need to then understand the governance processes your company employs to keep them healthy. If done correctly, this preparation will launch you powerfully into ISO9001. Hope that helps.

Oct 28, 2018

Thank you! This is very helpful.

• Often, when you assess client needs, it is very clear where and how the change should take place. The challenge sometimes is creating buy in from the employees, who might view change as threatening. What are some strategies you’ve employed to address this? Great website btw!
  • Hi, I am wondering how you get the actual work done -- is it workshops, or projects, or ?? Really like your site btw :) Thanks.
  • Hey BP, On the same train of thought as my other post about LSS in the professional service industry, what types of data should one be looking for where it does not typically exist? Six Sigma by nature needs data to support benchmarking, measurement, analysis, and improvements. Are there non typical forms of 'data' that will do the trick? Thanks!